[ To main page ] [ Contact us ]
[ Our Bikes ] [ Booking ] [ Videos and Photos ]
6-Day Enduro Tour In Northern Thailand
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- #01: 11. Oct - 16. Oct 2021 Mon–Sat 6 days wet & muddy
- #02: 25. Oct - 30. Oct 2021 Mon–Sat 6 days wet & muddy
- #03: 08. Nov - 13. Nov 2021 Mon–Sat 6 days trails drying up
- #05: 30. Nov - 05. Dec 2021 Tue-Sun 6 days getting cool & dry
- #06: 13. Dec - 18. Dec 2021 Mon–Sat 6 days getting cool & dry
- #07: 10. Jan - 15. Jan 2022 Mon–Sat 6 days cool & dry
- #08: 24. Jan - 29. Jan 2022 Mon–Sat 6 days cool & dry
- #09: 07. Feb - 12. Feb 2022 Mon–Sat 6 days getting warmer
- #10: 21. Feb - 26. Feb 2022 Mon–Sat 6 days getting hot
- #11: 07. Mar - 12. Mar 2022 Mon–Sat 6 days getting hot
Tour #4 late Nov is already booked.
This is our standard 6-day / 5-night enduro tour, which starts and finishes in Chiang Mai.
On the morning of the first day we collect everybody from their hotels in Chiang Mai or from Chiang Mai airport, then transfer everybody to our house (about 12kms north of Chiang Mai), where we settle paperwork and balance payments.
We go over the bikes to make sure riders who requested tall handlebars / bar raisers, or lowered bikes, get their assigned bikes; also adjust handlebars and levers, mount helmet cameras, check riding gear etc.
Our luggage gets loaded onto our Toyota 4WD support truck together with a spare bike and all necessary tools/spares, then we gear up and get going to the destination of the first day.
Our truck takes the main road, since the bikes are much faster offroad and some of the trails we use are single track. Usually we meet up with the truck for lunch.
Our team consists of tour leader, support rider, and driver for our truck.
Every year before the tour season starts we do several months of trail scouting, and then decide on the loop for this season.
We need to change our routes and find new trails every year, because every season we have over 50% repeat riders and they want to ride at least some new trails.
For most routes we have a choice of trails with different levels of difficulty, and can make day-by-day decisions which trails to take.
Many groups have mixed riding skills and fitness levels. To make sure everybody is having fun, the faster riders can follow our lead rider and the slower guys ride with our sweep rider, who carries the heavy tools and spares.
In extreme cases we can split the group to keep everybody happy, but usually we try to stay together. If a rider wants to take it easy for a day or two, he can follow our 4WD truck on the tarmac road and do some sightseeing.
On the last day of the tour we aim for an arrival time of 1600 hours at our house, then take everybody to their Chiang Mai hotels or to the airport. If you have an earlier flight we can arrange for an earlier return.
No cancellations ever from our side - with 3 riders or less we'll include some trail scouting to make it worth our time as well.
- 6 days of riding (first and last day depend on your flights)
- 5 nights in good hotels / resorts
- Accommodation twin rooms (upgrade to single possible)
- Breakfast and basic lunch (small villages)
- Motorcycle Honda CRF 250L 2016 modified
- All gasoline, oil
- Use of our riding gear
- Bike damage insurance (excl. 400 Euro deductible)
- All entrance fees (to national parks etc)
- Tour leader, support rider, 4WD truck driver
- 4WD Toyota truck
- Transfers hotel - our house - hotel
Base price (based on twin rooms):
Single room supplement:
- Dinner (not expensive in Thailand)
- Individual expenses (e.g. traditional Thai massage, elephant riding)
- Alcoholic drinks (NO drinking and driving! Keep your thirst for the evening...)
- Travel insurance
- Transfers Chiang Mai airport - hotel - airport (about 5 EUR equiv)
- 400 Euro deductible of bike damage insurance
- Air line tickets
Most riders find they spend less than 100 EUR equiv while on tour.
6-day enduro tour features
- 800 - 1000 kms in 6 days, depending on route. Time-wise about 80% dirt.
Because there are only a few towns with good accommodation here in northern Thailand, we usually have to do 10 to 40kms of twisty tarmac mountain roads in the mornings or late afternoons between the dirt trails and the hotels.
- Variety: everything from technical single track to wide forest dirt
Ruts, rocks, roots, deep sand, sand-covered hardpack, fir needle carpets, log bridges. Some rivers, depending on season.
- Honda CRF 250L 2016 enduro bikes with Ohlins shocks, fuel controllers, aftermarket pipes, airbox modifications, mountain gearing, hand guards etc.
- Experienced Austrian tour leader on bike, speaks English, Thai and German (born in Austria/Vienna, university degree in electronics, 30 years full-time in Thailand, married, 2 children).
- Tour leader happy to help / take pictures / teach enduro techniques / answer questions etc if requested.
- Reliable Toyota turbo diesel commonrail 4WD pickup truck for luggage and spares, takes the main road to the destination of the day, is needed in the dirt sections only in case of problems.
- Funny, relaxed riding - no speed or time pressure. Ride your own speed (within reasonable limits...).
- Plenty of joking and interesting / funny insights into daily Thai and hill tribe life.
- Fantastic scenery, good accommodation.
- Enduro training available.